Day of the Week Panties






I’ve heard this phrase many times throughout my life, “Just put on your big girl panties and get over it.”  It is usually after wallowing in our sorrows. It starts with a list of life’s troubles, interrupted with deep breaths, then tears. Yes, there are times a pat on the shoulder can keep us from falling apart, and reinforcements to tell us to “Stop crying and move on, soldier” is needed. I’ve often said the eleventh commandment should be, “Thou shall not freak out and pull your panties up too tight.” Nevertheless, today is a good day for comparison—an example for just putting on your big girl panties because we’ve all been there, and size does not matter. 


First, ‘big girl panties’ must be defined. The expression is that the person must grow up, show some adulthood, resolve, and perhaps stop expecting someone else to fix their problems. The phrase panties (all sizes, shapes, and colors) are hidden on the inside. Pardon me, but I’m going to give another example. Girl panties vs. Men’s underwear, which are defined as boxers or briefs, have a visible hole to vent, and we all need to vent. 


“Day of the Week” panties were a birthday present I treasured when I was ten years old. Just think about a new freak out day in a new color every day. Now think about the thongs. These panties have half the blow a gasket and, to me, are well-known as female action heroes big girl panties. It takes a real woman to wear a thong.

My point, I have had many put on your big girl panties freak out days, and I have grabbed my best pair and just rocked that day’s pretty undergarment and survey my day with a positive outlook because tomorrow is another day. 



Jackie writes about the puzzling parts of a woman. 😎







Comments

Popular Posts